Access Statement for Kitty's Loft
Kitty's Loft is one of a cluster of seven converted stone barns and is set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is attached to the owners' accommodation and is separated by a covered archway that is 10 metres in length and 4 metres wide. Access to the property is over a long gravel drive, from a quiet country lane.
- We have an extensive website, with floor plan layout together with pictures of all the rooms, with the exception of the shower room
- Bookings can be made via our website on a dedicated Booking Form or by Email or telephone.
- All guests can access ferry travel availability and road directions from Portsmouth, Southampton or Lymington using links provided on our Website.
- The two ferry arrival ports are in Fishbourne and West Cowes, approximately 9 miles from Kitty's Loft.
- The nearest bus stop is in Chale Green two miles from Kitty's Loft
- The only train service is at Ryde Pier which runs to Shanklin.
- This access statement is available in the Welcome pack at Kitty's Loft
Arrival and Car Parking facilities
- Car parking for one vehicle is available directly outside Kitty's Loft on the driveway. The driveway is secured by a 5 bar gate.
Main Entrance and Reception area
- The main entrance is at the side of the cottage beneath the covered archway. A second entrance is provided through the French style barn windows. Both keys and window lock keys are personally handed to guests on arrival.
- The side entrance door is 75cm wide x 196cm high with the hinges to the left. The keyhole is 115cm high. The second entrance door is double glazed and is 180cm high and 72cm wide. The keyhole is 118cm from ground level.
- The side door has two steps constructed of bricks/mortar. Each step is 91cm wide and 26cm in length. A non slip boot mat is on the top step. The second entrance has no steps and the distance from ground level to inside floor level is 25cm.
- The side door opens inward to the Kitchen/Dining area. There is a double light switch on the right hand side wall, serving the kitchen lighting (three overhead recessed halogen lights), two under cupboard/worktop strip lights and a double wrought iron wall light over the dining table. The second switch operates the overhead light serving the covered archway.
- There is an oval double drop-leaf gate leg table and four upholstered dining chairs and a high chair is available.
- On the left hand wall behind the entrance door is a Fire Extinguisher and a Fire blanket.
- On the right of main entrance door is the kitchen area. The work surfaces are 92cm high and 60cm deep. The fridge and freezer are situated beneath. A microwave is also available at worktop level. An electric concealed extractor fan is located over the cooker.
- The oven is 90cm high and 60cm wide. The top oven/grill is 78cm high and the main over door is 50cm high.
- Catering standard crockery and glasses and tableware are in the wall cupboards. A floor cupboard contains all the cooking pans etc.
- The shower room is accessed from the kitchen. The glazed door is 197cm high and 71cm wide. It is lockable inside by means of a metal peg situated under the wrought iron door latch. There are 2 halogen lights, one in the centre of the room and one in the shower cubicle.
- The step into the shower cubicle is 19cm high. The door to the shower is 179cm high and 56cm wide. The height of the power shower is 160cm.
- The toilet is 40cm high - space to the right is 83cm and to the left 24cm. The hand basin height is 80cm.
- The floor surface is cushion floor
- The staircase leads from the kitchen to the landing and two bedrooms. There is one handrail 100cm high on the right hand side. There are 13 steps, three of which curve round to meet the landing. The landing is 311cm long and 96cm wide.
- An A4 ring binder 'Welcome Pack' is left open on the dining table which contains Fire evacuation procedures, Medical emergencies information, a current 5 day weather forecast and a 7 day Tide table, together with all details that guests need to know about Kitty's Loft.
- Laundry and drying facilities are provided by the Owner with no action required by guests but to deposit and collect.
- There is a rotary clothes line provided within 6 metres of the property.
- The door from the Kitchen/Dining area is a fire door and is 79cm wide and 194cm high.
- The carpet is deep pile and is 80% wool
- There is a large three seater sofa, 1 armchair, one captain's style chair and wicker baby chair.
- There is a Television with remote control and DVD Player.
- There is a bookcase containing paperbacks and indoor games
Upstairs Bedroom 1
- The door is 70cm wide and 197cm high, hinged on the right. Carpeted with Berber twist carpet, short pile 80% wool.
- There is a pine double bed 4'6" wide with 4'6"mattress.
- All bedding is cotton with 2 feather pillows and 2 non feather pillows. The duvet is non feather.
- The space to the left of the bed is 166cm wide
- The space to the right of the bed is 160cm
- The room has a light switch to the left of the door and two separate bedside lamps, together with a dressing table lamp.
Upstairs Bedroom 2
- The door is 71cm wide and 197cm high, hinged on the right. Carpeted with Berber twist carpet, short pile 80% wool
- There are two single pine beds. The distance between the beds is 120cm. Both beds have one side to the wall
- All bedding is cotton, with non feather pillows and duvets.
- There is one reading lamp between the two beds and one overhead light, with the light switch to the right hand side of the door frame.
- Access to the Guests' garden is from the side entrance or from the lounge.
- A cobbled path leads from the lounge to a grassed area with flower beds.
- There is a metal garden table and chairs together with a BBQ (fuel is provided FOC)
- Besides the Welcome Pack, a large folder of leaflets is available for guests called 'What to Do'
- We regret no pets.
- Guests are requested not to smoke within the property.
We welcome your feedback to help us to continually improve our service.